What is a sports combine?

Originally, combines were meant to be simplified medical evaluations, organized for teams within a league and their incumbent employees. These days, combines, especially for youth athletics, are strictly for assessment of performance skills and attributes. Most combines will assess as many as a handful of attributes and skill-sets revolving around the athlete's ability to accelerate, jump, apply force to an external object, and change direction. Time to complete such events range from one hour to several hours depending on the efficiency of the organization running the event.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

How can I stay lower during my turns for the pro shuttle drill?
Staying low in your turns for the pro shuttle drill is definitely beneficial to your performance; ho...
Can I train to improve all my test scores for a sports combine?
Absolutely! It's about building upon your athletic attributes, improving your technique in each indi...
Is jogging detrimental to my sprinting technique?
If performed in excess, jogging can negate the positive effects of proper sprinting mechanics. The t...
Can a general strength program be used by young track athletes?
Until more research can be done, safety standards suggest that athletes aged 15 years or less sh...