What can I eat at a fast-food restaurant if I'm on a kidney diet?

Eating at fast-food restaurants is not totally out of the question if you're on a kidney diet. It does, however, take some thought. While many fast-food items are presalted, you can ask that yours have the salt and/or extra condiments left off. This may take a few extra minutes of waiting time. French fries are high in potassium. You must know how much potassium you are allowed to consume if you choose this item. Unsalted onion rings would be a better choice. Choose a small non-cola soda rather than a milk shake or large soda. Many fast-food restaurants now have salad bars as an alternative. 

Continue Learning about Special Diets

Why So Many People Are Going Gluten-Free—Should You?
If you've ever polished off a fresh baguette or fought over that last slice of deep-dish pizza, you've eaten gluten. It's the healthy plant protein fo...
What medical conditions affect the FODMAP elimination diet?
Patsy CatsosPatsy Catsos
The FODMAPS elimination diet is based on limiting "FODMAPS" in the diet. FODMAPS stands for Fermenta...
Is ViSalus a safe and effective meal replacement?
dotFITdotFIT
ViSalus is a Network Marketing company based out of Troy, Michigan. A home fragrance company now own...
Do Probiotics Have Any Side Effects?
Do Probiotics Have Any Side Effects?