Healthy Eating Made Easy
Maintaining a healthy, nutritious diet doesn't need to be complicated. All it takes is a little advance planning. From finding fun ways to eat veggies to picking the most nutrient-packed foods and feeling full with fiber, find the tips you need to eat smart, stay well and slim down or maintain a healthy weight.
FOOD RECALLSGet the List
Eat to Live LongerDiscover the best nutsfor your health
Number of calcium milligrams your body can absorb at one time
National Institutes of Health
Diet and Nutrition Q&As
Nutrition & Dietetics
What is a balanced diet?
Balance is not too little or too much of something. To eat a balanced diet means eating appropriate amounts of food. Not all fruits . . .
- Q Is the human body designed to eat plant foods, animal foods, or both?
- Q How does what I eat affect my body?
- Q What is the most important crop in the world?
- Q How much fruit and vegetables should I eat per day?
- Q If I eat unhealthy foods a lot, will I get a disease?
- Q How can planning ahead help me eat healthier?
- Q What foods should I limit while on a regular diet?
- Q Is grapefruit a result of cross breeding between orange and pomelo?
- Q Why is it so easy to confuse hunger with thirst?
- Q How can I determine the amount of change needed in my diet?