What proteins should I include in an anti-inflammatory diet?

Rachel Begun

The best sources of protein for an anti-inflammatory diet include:

• plant-based proteins from beans, nuts and nut butters, and seeds
  • low-fat dairy, with a particular call out to Greek yogurt which is very high in protein
  • all sources of fish, with a particular call out to fatty fish containing omega-3 fatty acids, including salmon, mackerel and sardines
  • shellfish
  • lean cuts of meat and poultry, including beef and pork tenderloin, and skinless white meat of chicken and turkey

Continue Learning about Special Diets

The Keto Diet Promises Big Weight Loss, But Is It Safe?
Are you willing to cut carbs and load up on fat to lose weight, elevate your mood and boost energy levels? That’s the promise of the keto (short for “...
How do I do a cleansing detox?
Kathy Freston, author of The Quantum Wellness Cleanse, suggests doing a "cleanse" once or twice a ye...
What kinds of starches can I have on a renal failure diet?
Cathy SilvaCathy Silva
The type of fat that is recommended on a renal failure diet is heart healthy fat like canola and oli...
How Is Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treated?