How is low sex drive diagnosed?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Diagnosing low sex drive may be complicated because there's really no "normal" level of sex drive. If you're bothered by your lack of interest in sex, doctors may start by asking you questions about your symptoms and medical history. In some cases, doctors may then perform a blood test or other screening tests to look for low levels of sex hormones like testosterone, which may be the cause of low libido. For women, doctors may perform pelvic exams to check for physical problems that may cause a decrease in sexual desire. You may be referred to a counselor or therapist to find any psychological or relationship issues that may lead to low sex drive.

Continue Learning about Sex Drive (Libido)

What Should I Do If My Partner Wants Sex More Often Than I Do?
Is the G-Spot Real?
Is the G-Spot Real?
What Can Women Do to Boost Their Libido?
What Are the Most Common Sexual Health Concerns Among Your Patients?