Are there creams to increase female libido?

Patricia Geraghty, NP
Women's Health
Female libido is very complicated; affected by lifestyle, stress, relationships, general health, and hormones. The hormone that improves libido for both men and women is testosterone. Women's bodies make testosterone from estrogen. Testosterone is also sometimes given to women in the form of a cream. There are no FDA approved testosterone creams for women. But, with a prescription from your health care provider, you can get a testosterone cream from a compounding pharmacist. This is a pharmacist with a special license to make medications.
While studies have shown that testosterone supplementation in women is effective in increasing libido, we don't yet have the results of studies looking at the safety of long term use of testosterone in women. The decision to use testosterone in a cream or any other form should be carefully made with your health care provider.

Continue Learning about Sex Drive (Libido)

How do I bring back the spark in the bedroom?
Ariel & Shya KaneAriel & Shya Kane
First and foremost, start by being kind to YOURSELF! How you treat yourself, you will ultimately inf...
What natural supplements increase a women's libido?
Ed RatushEd Ratush
I will first say that supplements are already less then natural. And while many things out there cla...
Are There Natural Remedies to Increase Sex Drive?
How Can I Get My Partner in the Mood for Sex?