What exactly is a good night's sleep?

This is different for each individual and is partially a perception. We know that most people need between 6-9 hours of sleep.  We also know that they should get about 20% deep sleep and 25% REM sleep. A strict definition of a good night’s sleep might include these variables.
However, there are many people who get far less than these “required” amounts of quantity and quality but wake feeling refreshed and ready to meet the day.

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

Body Clock Health Secrets
Body Clock Health Secrets
Forget the clock on your wall, on your wrist, or in your smartphone. When it comes to growing healthier and more energetic, the latest research says t...
How does sleep affect the skin?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
If you sleep too little, you're not giving the body time to repair itself. The nervous system has tw...
Are There Any Health Risks to Using a Sleep Tracker?
How Can Drinking a Non-Alcoholic Beer Improve My Sleep Quality?