How can I get a good night's sleep?

The best way to get a good night's sleep is to practice what we call good sleep hygiene. It is best to try to go to sleep the same time every night. If you are consistent, your body will be used to certain "biorhythms" that will make you feel sleepy. It is important not to do anything exciting before bedtime: Do not exercise right before sleep, do not watch a "thriller" movie or read an exciting novel. On the other hand, something boring before bed may help. The bedroom should not have a TV in it. Screen time before sleep is not recommended due to the neuroexcitatory effect of the screen. Also, do not nap during the day. That will disrupt the night cycle.

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

How Often You Should Wash Your Sheets (Really)
If you’re getting the recommended amount of sleep each night, you’re spending at least 49 hours in your bed on a weekly basis. It also means things li...
Can I Make up for Lost Sleep on the Weekend?
What Can I Do If My Bed Partner and I Don't Agree on Room Temperature?
Understanding and Treating PMS
Understanding and Treating PMS