What drugs and foods interact with flaxseed oil supplements?

Foods are not known to interact with flaxseed oil supplements, but several medications may. Flaxseed oil can increase the effect of drugs that slow blood clotting, including ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, warfarin, dalteparin, clopidogrel, diclofenac, heparin and enoxaparin. It can also increase the effect of medications that lower blood pressure. Talk to your doctor before taking flaxseed oil, and always be sure your doctor is aware of all supplements and medicines that you take.

Continue Learning about Flaxseed Oil

How should I store flaxseed oil supplements?
Store flaxseed oil supplements in a cool, dry place, such as the refrigerator. Light, heat and a...
Should I tell my doctor I am taking flaxseed oil?
As with any nutritional supplement, it is a good idea to tell your doctor you are taking flaxsee...
How much flaxseed oil supplement should I take?
Talk to your doctor about whether flaxseed oil supplements are right for you and if so, what the...
What Are the Health Benefits of Flaxseed?