What drugs and foods interact with flaxseed oil supplements?

Foods are not known to interact with flaxseed oil supplements, but several medications may. Flaxseed oil can increase the effect of drugs that slow blood clotting, including ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, warfarin, dalteparin, clopidogrel, diclofenac, heparin and enoxaparin. It can also increase the effect of medications that lower blood pressure. Talk to your doctor before taking flaxseed oil, and always be sure your doctor is aware of all supplements and medicines that you take.

Continue Learning about Flaxseed Oil

What are the side effects of flaxseed?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Critics say flax seed must be consumed in high quantities to get the most benefit, because it is har...
Can flaxseed help my complexion?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
If you're eating a low-fat diet, flax seed can boost the essential fatty acids the body needs to pro...
How can I get the benefits of flaxseed oil?
Amaris NogueraAmaris Noguera
Since flaxseed contains very vulnerable nutrients such as Omega-3 fatty acids, it's best to purchase...
What Are the Health Benefits of Flaxseed?