How should I store flaxseed oil supplements?

Store flaxseed oil supplements in a cool, dry place, such as the refrigerator. Light, heat and air can break down flaxseed oil. Keep flaxseed oil and all other supplements out of children's reach.
Marisa Moore

Heat, light and air can make flaxseed oil spoil quickly so it should be stored in the refrigerator.  It may keep in the refrigerator for a couple months depending on how it's handled. For the best quality, buy flaxseed oil in smaller bottles and use it within the shortest time possible.

Become familiar with the smell and flavor of fresh flaxseed oil as soon as you open it.  This way, if it goes rancid, you'll be able to notice any off smells or flavors. 

Continue Learning about Flaxseed Oil

What drugs and foods interact with flaxseed oil supplements?
Foods are not known to interact with flaxseed oil supplements, but several medications may. Flax...
What are the other names for flaxseed oil supplements?
On the label, flaxseed oil supplements may contain the Latin name of the flax plant, Linum usita...
What are the health benefits of flaxseed?
Amaris NogueraAmaris Noguera
Flaxseed (oil or ground) can help prevent heart disease or can promote heart health due to the ALA o...
Can flaxseed help my complexion?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
If you're eating a low-fat diet, flax seed can boost the essential fatty acids the body needs to pro...