Is Alternative Medicine for You?
Alternative medicines, also known as complementary and alternative therapies, or CAM, include natural and herbal remedies, mind-body therapies (such as tai chi, meditation, yoga, hypnotherapy, acupuncture and progressive relaxation), massage therapy, and other types of bodywork.Why Some Docs Are Against It
Can Alternative Therapies Reduce Stress and Anxiety?Take the Quiz!
Health TipDiscover natural remedies
The percentage of U.S. adults who use alternative therapies
National Institutes of Health/NCCAM
Alternative Medicine Q&As
What are some natural treatments for depression?
Art therapy: Art therapy enables the expression of inner thoughts or feelings when verbalization is difficult or not possible. It . . .
- Q What herbs and supplements can interact with Lathyrus?
- Q Can beta-sitosterol supplements cause an allergic reaction?
- Q Are coral supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
- Q What does a therapeutic recreational therapist do?
- Q What is black pepper?
- Q What medications can interact with broccoli sprout extract?
- Q What dosage of sunflower oil is typically used for children?
- Q Do beta-sitosterol supplements help with high cholesterol?
- Q What dosage of black bryony is typically used for adults?
- Q What is coral?