Is Alternative Medicine for You?
Alternative medicines, also known as complementary and alternative therapies, or CAM, include natural and herbal remedies, mind-body therapies (such as tai chi, meditation, yoga, hypnotherapy, acupuncture and progressive relaxation), massage therapy, and other types of bodywork.Why Some Docs Are Against It
Can Alternative Therapies Reduce Stress and Anxiety?Take the Quiz!
Health TipDiscover natural remedies
The percentage of U.S. adults who use alternative therapies
National Institutes of Health/NCCAM
Alternative Medicine Q&As
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Can acupuncture help with anxiety?
In Chinese Medicine, emotions such as anxiety, depression, stress, and anger interrupt the smooth flow energy through . . .
- Q What are health benefits of saunas?
- Q Is my body capable of healing itself?
- Q How can Vastu Shastra benefit my health?
- Q How can I accelerate my body's natural healing process?
- Q Why should I tell my doctor about alternative medicines?
- Q How can I avoid buying alternative medicines that don't work?
- Q What types of methods are used in psychodermatology?
- Q What are the limitations of modern medicine?
- Q How do maggots help heal wounds?
- Q How safe is St. John's wort for depression in people with dementia?