Is Alternative Medicine for You?
Alternative medicines, also known as complementary and alternative therapies, or CAM, include natural and herbal remedies, mind-body therapies (such as tai chi, meditation, yoga, hypnotherapy, acupuncture and progressive relaxation), massage therapy, and other types of bodywork.Why Some Docs Are Against It
Can Alternative Therapies Reduce Stress and Anxiety?Take the Quiz!
Health TipDiscover natural remedies
The percentage of U.S. adults who use alternative therapies
National Institutes of Health/NCCAM
Alternative Medicine Q&As
What are some natural treatments for depression?
Art therapy: Art therapy enables the expression of inner thoughts or feelings when verbalization is difficult or not possible. It . . .
- Q What dosage of Lathyrus is typically used for adults?
- Q What medications can interact with perillyl alcohol?
- Q How do maggots help heal wounds?
- Q What is sangre de grado?
- Q Are Lathyrus supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
- Q What medications can interact with cajeput oil?
- Q Why should I tell my doctor about alternative medicines?
- Q Can yew cause an allergic reaction?
- Q How can I accelerate my body's natural healing process?
- Q Does maggot therapy help treat ulcers?