Is Alternative Medicine for You?
Alternative medicines, also known as complementary and alternative therapies, or CAM, include natural and herbal remedies, mind-body therapies (such as tai chi, meditation, yoga, hypnotherapy, acupuncture and progressive relaxation), massage therapy, and other types of bodywork.Why Some Docs Are Against It
Can Alternative Therapies Reduce Stress and Anxiety?Take the Quiz!
Health TipDiscover natural remedies
The percentage of U.S. adults who use alternative therapies
National Institutes of Health/NCCAM
Alternative Medicine Q&As
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Can acupuncture help with anxiety?
In Chinese Medicine, emotions such as anxiety, depression, stress, and anger interrupt the smooth flow energy through . . .
- Q What are the risks involved with ear stapling?
- Q What are the limitations of modern medicine?
- Q How are alternative medicines determined to be safe?
- Q What are the side effects of hyperbaric oxygen therapy?
- Q Should I stop taking natural remedies before I have surgery?
- Q How can I accelerate my body's natural healing process?
- Q Are green coffee supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
- Q How can I avoid buying alternative medicines that don't work?
- Q What are some of alternative medicine’s healing techniques?
- Q How safe is St. John's wort for depression in people with dementia?