Is Alternative Medicine for You?
Alternative medicines, also known as complementary and alternative therapies, or CAM, include natural and herbal remedies, mind-body therapies (such as tai chi, meditation, yoga, hypnotherapy, acupuncture and progressive relaxation), massage therapy, and other types of bodywork.How It Can Help
Can Alternative Therapies Reduce Stress and Anxiety?Take the Quiz!
Health TipDiscover natural remedies
The percentage of U.S. adults who use alternative therapies
National Institutes of Health/NCCAM
Alternative Medicine Q&As
National Center for Homeopathy
What is homeopathy?
Homeopathy is based on a rule of nature called the law of similars. This law states that a medicine can cure a sick person if it can cause a similar sickness in a healthy person (like cures like). For instance . . .
- Q What is Slow Medicine?
- Q How can Vastu Shastra benefit my health?
- Q What is Vastu Shastra?
- Q What is an infrared sauna?
- Q Are bear's garlic supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
- Q Does maggot therapy help treat gangrene?
- Q Does maggot therapy help treat diabetic foot ulcers?
- Q Does maggot therapy help treat burns?
- Q Does maggot therapy help treat adjunct in surgery?
- Q Does maggot therapy help treat wound healing?
Recent Alternative Medicine Articles
Use alternative therapies to ease a range of health conditions, including pain, stress, and sleep problems.
Music Soothes the Soul...and So Much More What is Slow Medicine? The Sensational Power of Smells The Healing Environment See All Articles