Is Alternative Medicine for You?
Alternative medicines, also known as complementary and alternative therapies, or CAM, include natural and herbal remedies, mind-body therapies (such as tai chi, meditation, yoga, hypnotherapy, acupuncture and progressive relaxation), massage therapy, and other types of bodywork.Try Our Meditation Challenge
Can Alternative Therapies Reduce Stress and Anxiety?Take the Quiz!
Health TipDiscover natural remedies
The percentage of U.S. adults who use alternative therapies
National Institutes of Health/NCCAM
Alternative Medicine Q&As
What are some natural treatments for depression?
Art therapy: Art therapy enables the expression of inner thoughts or feelings when verbalization is difficult or not possible. It . . .
- Q What is bear's garlic?
- Q What dosage of jojoba is typically used for adults?
- Q What medications can interact with aspartic acid?
- Q What medications can interact with kinetin?
- Q What medications can interact with Lathyrus?
- Q Can gardenia cause an allergic reaction?
- Q Where can I learn more about using a Rife Machine?
- Q Does maggot therapy help treat wound healing?
- Q What dosage of coral is typically used for adults?
- Q What are the health benefits of ubiquinol?
Recent Alternative Medicine Articles
Use alternative therapies to ease a range of health conditions, including pain, stress, and sleep problems.
Natural Ways to Ease Menopause Symptoms Do You Believe in the Anti-Inflammatory Benefits of Turmeric? A Speedy Way to Pass Kidney Stones? When “Natural” Isn’t Safe See All Articles