Is Alternative Medicine for You?
Alternative medicines, also known as complementary and alternative therapies, or CAM, include natural and herbal remedies, mind-body therapies (such as tai chi, meditation, yoga, hypnotherapy, acupuncture and progressive relaxation), massage therapy, and other types of bodywork.Why Some Docs Are Against It
Can Alternative Therapies Reduce Stress and Anxiety?Take the Quiz!
Health TipDiscover natural remedies
The percentage of U.S. adults who use alternative therapies
National Institutes of Health/NCCAM
Alternative Medicine Q&As
What are some natural treatments for depression?
Art therapy: Art therapy enables the expression of inner thoughts or feelings when verbalization is difficult or not possible. It . . .
- Q Are sunflower oil supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
- Q Do beta-sitosterol supplements help with benign prostatic hypertrophy?
- Q What dosage of catuaba is typically used for adults?
- Q Can kinetin cause an allergic reaction?
- Q Does iridology help diagnose cancer?
- Q Does maggot therapy help treat surgery?
- Q Does maggot therapy help treat leg ulcers?
- Q What medications can interact with sunflower oil?
- Q Are jojoba supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
- Q What dosage of black mustard oil is typically used for adults?