Is Alternative Medicine for You?
Alternative medicines, also known as complementary and alternative therapies, or CAM, include natural and herbal remedies, mind-body therapies (such as tai chi, meditation, yoga, hypnotherapy, acupuncture and progressive relaxation), massage therapy, and other types of bodywork.Why Some Docs Are Against It
Can Alternative Therapies Reduce Stress and Anxiety?Take the Quiz!
Health TipDiscover natural remedies
The percentage of U.S. adults who use alternative therapies
National Institutes of Health/NCCAM
Alternative Medicine Q&As
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Can acupuncture help with anxiety?
In Chinese Medicine, emotions such as anxiety, depression, stress, and anger interrupt the smooth flow energy through . . .
- Q What is complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)?
- Q What are some of the hot new trends in alternative medicine?
- Q What is holistic healing?
- Q Are natural remedies safer than pharmaceutical drugs?
- Q Why is alternative medicine so popular?
- Q How does natural healing work?
- Q Is it safe to take natural remedies with conventional medications?
- Q Is complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) widely used?
- Q Do beta-sitosterol supplements help with benign prostatic hypertrophy?
- Q Is there an alternative medicine to reduce a 20lb cyst?