Can anything slow the progression of Alzheimer's Disease?

Gayatri Devi, MD
Neurology
Factors that can slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease include daily physical exercise, social and mental activities, and medications. In this video, neurologist Gayatri Devi, MD, explains why there is lots of hope for Alzheimer's patients. 
Dr. Robin Miller, MD

There's currently no cure for Alzheimer's Disease, but someday doctors may be able to slow or stop its progression. In this video, Dr. Robin Miller discusses why recent studies are cause for hope.

Continue Learning about Alzheimer's Disease

Do This for 20 Minutes to Skirt Alzheimer's
To cut your risk of Alzheimer's by more than half, just do this for 20 minutes twice a week: walk. Exercising for 20 to 30 minutes a couple of times ...
How do I talk to someone with Alzheimer's who is out of touch with reality?
John H. Growdon, MDJohn H. Growdon, MD
There has been a shift in the general philosophy of caring for people with dementia. In the past...
What are the disadvantages of taking part in an Alzheimer's clinical study?
Eric PfeifferEric Pfeiffer
There can also be some disadvantages to participation in clinical studies:Not everyone wishing to pa...
Should I Be Worried if Alzheimer's Runs in My Family?