question

What can I do to lose fat in my butt?

National Academy of Sports Medicine
National Academy of Sports Medicine
answer

The most effect method for losing weight is through an overall program that includes aerobic (cardio) training and resistance training, as well as using a healthy calorie-controlled diet.

Genetics dictates where your body burns fat.  For example, you may desire to lose weight in your hips and buttocks, but very often, the place you most want to lose it is the last place it burns. This is known as spot reducing and it doesn’t work. You cannot burn fat in one particular area on your body. While it's true that you can build muscle in different locations of your body such as your legs and buttocks based on what strength-training exercises you do, there's no way to "spot reduce" fat. 

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

Is a Weight-Loss Drug Right for You?
Is a Weight-Loss Drug Right for You?
Unprecedented demand for weight-loss drugs, like Wegovy, Rybelsus, and Ozempic, have resulted in nationwide shortages, which are expected to persist i...
Try Barley for a Satisfying, Cholesterol-Lowering Side Dish
Looking for a filling side dish loaded with healthy complex carbohydrates? Skip the baked potato and make yourself a bowl of hearty, nutty barley sala...
5 Reasons You Can't Lose Weight
5 Reasons You Can't Lose Weight
You haven't had a bite of pizza or a lick of ice cream in, like, forever, but you still can't lose a pound. What's up with that? Here's the real what,...
How can I get rid of a double chin?
How can I get rid of a double chin? Getting rid of a 'double chin' is a matter of exercising more an...