What can I do to lose fat in my butt?

The most effect method for losing weight is through an overall program that includes aerobic (cardio) training and resistance training, as well as using a healthy calorie-controlled diet.

Genetics dictates where your body burns fat.  For example, you may desire to lose weight in your hips and buttocks, but very often, the place you most want to lose it is the last place it burns. This is known as spot reducing and it doesn’t work. You cannot burn fat in one particular area on your body. While it's true that you can build muscle in different locations of your body such as your legs and buttocks based on what strength-training exercises you do, there's no way to "spot reduce" fat. 

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight6 Weird Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight
Could these surprising things be sabotaging your weight loss? You’ve kicked the soda habit, tossed the junk food and you’re making regular appearances...
How Can My Spouse and I Lose Weight As a Team?
How to Relieve Hip Pain
How to Relieve Hip Pain
Wager on Weight-Loss: Bet Yourself to a Thinner, Healthier You