Fuel Your Weight LossChoose the Right Foods
What's your RealAge?Take the RealAge Test to find out your body's true age.
Weight Loss Q&As
Annette Moore, MSN,NASM Elite Trainer,RN
How does the body lose weight?
The body loses weight (bodyfat) by burning more calories than what is consumed or eaten. The human body burns a certain amount of calories in order to perform metabolic processes necessary to sustain life. This is called resting metabolism. An individual may increase their resting metabolism by performing resistance training that increases muscle density. This allows an individual to burn even more calories (including stored bodyfat) at rest. An individual may enhance the weight loss process by continuing a regimen of resistance and cardiovascular training on a routine basis and by eating nutrient dense foods in portions that do not exceed the amount of calories being burned.
- QWhat are causes of unexplained weight loss?
- QWhy do some people gain weight despite weight-loss efforts?
- QWhich weight-loss products are a waste of money?
- QWhy is it harder to lose weight as I get older?
- QWhat should I know before taking lorcaserin?
- QHow effective is the combination of naltrexone and bupropion?
- QWhat lifestyle changes should I make if I want to lose weight?
- QHow quickly should I lose weight?
- QHow can joining a weight loss program help me lose weight?
- QWhen should I be worried about my weight?
- QWhat are the keys to weight loss?
- QWhat parts of the body are involved in weight loss?
- QHow can men increase their chances of success with weight loss?
- QHow do relationships with other people affect weight loss plans?
- QHow can eating a late lunch prevent me from losing weight?
- QHow important is willpower in losing weight?
- QHow can aligning my spine help me lose weight?
- QHow does my blood sugar level affect my weight?
- QHow can I help prevent stress from affecting my weight loss?
- QWhat should I do if I get off-track while trying to lose weight?
- QWhy is it important to be patient when trying to lose weight?
- QHow can I handle temptation when trying to lose weight?
- QHow can weekends affect my weight loss?
- QWhat size plate should I use if I want to lose weight?