Could I be allergic to vitamin E?

Allergic reactions to vitamin E are very rare. But some people do report mild skin rashes when using vitamin E cream or ointment. Vitamin E is added to many thousands of products that are likely used by millions of people every year. If your skin gets red or itchy after using a topical product that contains vitamin E, stop using it and talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Vitamin E

Vitamin E and Prostate Cancer
Vitamin E and Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among men and the second leading cause of cancer death among men in the U.S., so it's understandable that gu...
Can vitamin E help reduce my risk of heart disease or stroke?
Dariush Mozaffarian, MDDariush Mozaffarian, MD
As is the case with many vitamins, observational studies suggested that people with higher vitamin E...
What are the risks of taking too much vitamin E?
Despite evidence that vitamin E supplements don't help and may even be harmful, some people still ta...
Do Selenium and Vitamin E Help Prevent Prostate Cancer?