What is the principle of adaptation?

The principle of adaptation refers to the process of the body getting accustomed to a particular exercise or training program through repeated exposure. As the body adapts to the stress of the new exercise or training program, the program becomes easier to perform and explains why beginning exercisers are often sore after starting a new routine, but, after doing the same exercise for weeks and months at the same intensity, the exerciser experiences little, if any, muscle soreness. This reinforces the need to constantly vary the exercise and training routine if you want to maximize your results.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Health Experts Urge Americans to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s the clear-cut message from government health officials who updated their long-standing physical activ...
How do I perform a lunge with medicine ball lift and chop?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Hold a pair of dumbbel...
How do I perform a ball squat, curl, press with 2 arms?
Hold two dumbbells in your hands, let them hang down at your sides and keep your palms facing in tow...
How Can I Prevent Spraining My Ankles?
How Can I Prevent Spraining My Ankles?