How do I perform a seated shoulder fly with both arms?

Sit on a bench with your feet pointed straight ahead and your feet placed flat on the ground.  draw-in your navel and hold a dumbbell in each hand, with your arms hanging at your sides.  Raise both your arms up and away from the sides of your body with your palms facing down.  Raise the dumbbells to shoulder level being careful not to shrug your shoulders or arch your back.  Hold the top position and then return your arms to the sides of your body.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a turning step-up, balance to overhead press with 2 arms?
Vincenzo Zurlo, NASM Elite TrainerVincenzo Zurlo, NASM Elite Trainer
Note: Under Professional Supervision, proper progression to reach this level of exercise must be ach...
What outdoor exercises can I do if I have diabetes?
If you have diabetes, first talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. There are many...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?