How do I perform a front step-up to balance?

Stand in front of a box with your feet straight, placed hip-width apart. Contract your glutes and step up onto the box with one leg. Stand upright and move into a balance position on the leg and foot on the box. Move the opposite hip and knee into a flexed position and hold for a few seconds. Move the lifted leg back down to the ground and follow with the balance leg.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a speed machine row?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
Begin by selecting your desired weight. Hold a handle in each hand and keep your feet straight and f...
How do I perform a ball chest press with alternate arms?
Lie on top of a stability ball, with the ball positioned between your shoulder blades.  Maintain a b...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?