How do I perform a front step-up to balance?

Stand in front of a box with your feet straight, placed hip-width apart. Contract your glutes and step up onto the box with one leg. Stand upright and move into a balance position on the leg and foot on the box. Move the opposite hip and knee into a flexed position and hold for a few seconds. Move the lifted leg back down to the ground and follow with the balance leg.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform speed ladder in-in-out-out?
Start with both feet straddling a speed ladder. Move one foot into the first box in the ladder, then...
What is an at-home exercise I can do to release jaw tension?
 If you are experiencing tension in the jaw or temporomandibular joint (TMJ) this is usually a sign ...
Why Is Stretching Important?
Why Is Stretching Important?