How do I perform a front step-up to balance?

Stand in front of a box with your feet straight, placed hip-width apart. Contract your glutes and step up onto the box with one leg. Stand upright and move into a balance position on the leg and foot on the box. Move the opposite hip and knee into a flexed position and hold for a few seconds. Move the lifted leg back down to the ground and follow with the balance leg.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How is a standing shoulder flexion with one arm performed?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Draw-in your navel and...
How often should I drink during exercise?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
During exercise, sweat should be replaced by fluid intake of 6 -- 12 ounces every 20 minutes. Begin ...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?