I like exercising in the pool, can I perform my stretches in the pool?

Yes, absolutely! The water is a very safe environment to exercise or stretch in. Exercising and stretching in the water is very low impact, which takes stress off your joints. Water exercises are a great benefit for all individuals but especially those who suffer from arthritis.

Yes, as a former swimmer this is the best exercise for your body.  Exercising and stretching in the pool provides the least amount of impact on the body.  You can stretch out the whole body from the pool so there is really no need to leave the water just so you can stretch.

Continue Learning about Stretching

Start Your Mornings With a Stretch
Start Your Mornings With a Stretch
In October of 2008, a mare named Donnaguska entered her first race at Hawthorne Race Course in Cicero, IL. The announcer noted that the inexperienced ...
Is stretching supposed to be painful?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
While stretching is not the most comfortable activity in the world, it certainly should not be painf...
How should I do the neck extensor stretch exercise?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The neck extensor stretch exercise improves range of motion in your neck and restores the neck-e...
A Better Warm Up and Cool Down
A Better Warm Up and Cool Down