Are humans inherently spiritual beings?

Stephen Wechsler
Chiropractic Medicine

Humans are inherently spiritual. The problem is that they should have called us human doings, not beings.

To be spiritual we must start by Being. 

There are many tools to get in touch with our Spiritual Self.

• Stillness
  • Silence
  • Meditation
  • Singing
  • Laughing
  • Making Love
  • Serving another

All free, Always available

Arianna Huffington
Health Education

The instinct for spirituality is hardwired in us. This is our fourth instinct, the one beyond the instincts for survival, power, and sex. It is a genetically-based, physical instinct that has a metaphysical purpose. It is a natural hunger for supernatural sustenance. It propels us to find meaning and transcend our mundane selves.

Many now believe that spirituality has an evolutionary purpose. This is the thesis of The God Gene: How Faith Is Hardwired into Our Genes, by molecular biologist Dean Hamer. “Human spirituality,” Hamer says, “has an innate genetic component to it. It doesn’t mean that there’s one gene that makes people believe in God, but it refers to the fact that humans inherit a predisposition to be spiritual -- to reach out and look for a higher being.” 

On Becoming Fearless...in Love, Work, and Life

Observing that her own teenage daughters were beginning to experience some of the same fears that had once burdened her--how attractive am I? do people like me? do I dare speak up?--Arianna...

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it—spirituality means different things to different people and e...
What does a pastoral counselor do?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Pastoral counselors may have a degree in ministry or divinity as well as training in counseling ...
Where should I look to find meaning in my life?
Ronald SiegelRonald Siegel
An exercise in evaluating your legacy may help you recognize where you find the most value and meani...
What Does Spirituality Have to Do with Physical Health?