What is the impact of a lack of spiritual faith?

Arianna Huffington
Health Education

Without faith in a higher order and the existence of something outside ourselves and our everyday lives, life can become emotionally unbearable and filled with fear. And this anxiety, even if we’re not aware of it, will surface in other parts of our lives.  Many of us spend a large part of our lives barricading ourselves against the truth that the ultimate reality lies beyond ourselves. But freedom from fear cannot be found through the mind, only through the soul. 

On Becoming Fearless...in Love, Work, and Life

Observing that her own teenage daughters were beginning to experience some of the same fears that had once burdened her--how attractive am I? do people like me? do I dare speak up?--Arianna...

Continue Learning about Spirituality and Religion

5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
5 Health Benefits of Spirituality
There is no single definition for spirituality, nor is there a single way to practice it. Some experts describe it as a belief in something bigger tha...
How can faith help seniors accept living in a nursing home?
Anthony CirilloAnthony Cirillo
For some elderly acceptance of a nursing facility is easy, acceptance not only of new surroundin...
Are we separate from God?
Lyle K. WeissLyle K. Weiss
An answer to this question depends upon the intention of the inquirer. At the level of being, we are...
What Does Spirituality Have to Do with Physical Health?