Can my partner's snoring affect my health?

Your partner's snoring can indeed affect your health in that it can keep you awake, which negatively impacts the quantity and quality of your sleep. Watch as sleep expert Michael Breus, PhD, shares some tips on quieting your partner's snoring.
Craig L. Schwimmer, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
Yes it can! Sleeping next to a snorer "costs" the bedpartner an average of 1 hour of sleep per night. Over the course of a week, that's a whole night's sleep lost! This degree of sleep deprivation negatively impacts mood, memory, and even one's ability to drive safely. No wonder so many snoring couples resort to sleeping apart. Treating your bed partner's snoring can dramatically improve your health and lifestyle.
A partner's snoring is not just annoying; it can actually take years off your life. Learn more about this topic in this video of Dr. Oz and Drs. Jennifer and Robert Ashton.

Continue Learning about Snoring

Why is it important to tell my doctor I snore before having surgery?
Carol Ash, DOCarol Ash, DO
Snoring is a sign of an underlying problem with your airways, which could put you at risk for issues...
Why do I snore?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Snoring is an air turbulence issue; when our nasal passages are narrowed, the air moves faster in th...
What Keeps Kellie Pickler Up at Night
What Keeps Kellie Pickler Up at Night
Why Is It Important to Tell My Doctor I Snore Before Having Surgery?