Can my partner's snoring affect my health?

Your partner's snoring can indeed affect your health in that it can keep you awake, which negatively impacts the quantity and quality of your sleep. Watch as sleep expert Michael Breus, PhD, shares some tips on quieting your partner's snoring.
Craig L. Schwimmer, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
Yes it can! Sleeping next to a snorer "costs" the bedpartner an average of 1 hour of sleep per night. Over the course of a week, that's a whole night's sleep lost! This degree of sleep deprivation negatively impacts mood, memory, and even one's ability to drive safely. No wonder so many snoring couples resort to sleeping apart. Treating your bed partner's snoring can dramatically improve your health and lifestyle.
A partner's snoring is not just annoying; it can actually take years off your life. Learn more about this topic in this video of Dr. Oz and Drs. Jennifer and Robert Ashton.

Continue Learning about Snoring

This Sleep Disorder Can Take Years Off Your Life
In September 2016, a train crashed into a station in Hoboken, New Jersey, killing one person and injuring more than 100. According to a CBS/AP news re...
Does my snoring mean that I have obstructive sleep apnea?
American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)
To determine if your snoring is a sign that you have obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), you would need t...
How is snoring related to sleep apnea?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Snoring may be an early warning sign for obstructive sleep apnea. Snoring is caused by the vibration...
What Keeps Kellie Pickler Up at Night
What Keeps Kellie Pickler Up at Night