What should I do if nicotine gum doesn't work to help me quit smoking?

When the gum is not as effective as it can be, it is usually for one of two reasons. First, if you are using it like chewing gum, it will not work. It has to be placed between the cheek and gum for the nicotine to be absorbed. Second, don't be afraid to use enough. In the first few weeks of quitting, you can use 1 piece every hour.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

New Info About Risks of Smoking Anything
We weren’t blowin’ smoke when we warned (over and over) about the health risks of smoking—anything! We know you want to kick the habit: Over 80 percen...
If I have been a longtime smoker, will quitting still help my heart health?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
No matter how old you are or how long you have smoked, quitting can help you improve your health and...
Why is it hard to quit smoking?
Dr. Douglas E. Severance, MDDr. Douglas E. Severance, MD
Nicotine in cigarettes is extremely addictive. In this video, addiction specialist Douglas Severance...
Do You Treat Women Differently than You Treat Men in Cardiaology?