Once a substance use disorder is identified, it’s crucial to take steps to ensure you or your loved one receive the proper treatment. Begin the road to recovery with these options.Read more
Navigating the healthcare system is often difficult, but understanding the process and knowing the correct method for seeking health services helps to ensure substance use disorders are treated effectively.Read more
Investigator: Prince Died of
Reduce Your StressAndroid users! See how stress is affecting you
The percentage of people who use
illegal drugs regularly
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Substance Abuse Q&As
Why do some recovering addicts relapse?
Brain changes in addiction are profound and take many years to normalize. Because of this, addicts early in recovery often relapse due to decision-making impairments . . .
- Q What are some physical signs of substance abuse?
- Q How do I know if I am enabling someone?
- Q Can I get holes in my brain through drug use?
- Q What lifestyle changes signal substance abuse?
- Q What do I do if I have a drug or alcohol problem?
- Q Do family and culture affect the rate of substance abuse among the elderly?
- Q What precautions should I take when taking medication for addiction?
- Q Why do I need counseling to quit drinking/using drugs?
- Q How does unemployment affect the risk of drug abuse?
- Q What are withdrawal symptoms?