What cravings might I experience while quitting smoking?

Ximena Jimenez
A great number of ex-smoker may crave junk food or sweets. A good idea is to maintain yourself busy with hobbies that you enjoy like arts and crafts or home repairs. If the cravings for sweets is challenging, keep crunchy fruits and vegetables on hands (carrots, grapes and apples). Going for a walk or exercising will help with the withdrawal symptoms and food cravings.
Cravings are part of quitting smoking for just about everyone. You may feel strong cravings for sweet foods. Give in, in moderation, especially if you need to watch your blood sugar. Try sugar-free gum, jelly beans, hard candies, low-fat frozen yogurt, diet soda, a handful of raisins or a piece of fruit. You'll also have moments when you just have to put something in your mouth. Keep a stash of sugar-free mints, candies or gum handy. You can often satisfy the craving with something crunchy, such as a carrot stick or handful of nuts. In an emergency, try crunching on an ice cube.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

How do I rearrange my laundry room to avoid slip-ups when quitting smoking?
If you used to smoke in the laundry room, get rid of all triggers including ashtrays, lighters and m...
What are some therapeutic options to help one quit smoking?
HealthCorpsHealthCorps
Luckily there are now a variety of options to help you “kick butt.” They include:  Nicotine gum ...
Do I need to quit smoking before heart surgery?
How Can I Quit Smoking Today?
How Can I Quit Smoking Today?