What should I do in the morning to avoid smoking while quitting?

Smoking is often associated with doing other things, like drinking a cup of coffee. One way to avoid the urge for a cigarette in the morning is to change your routine a bit. If you always have a cigarette with your morning coffee in the kitchen, for instance, try having a cup of tea in the living room instead.

Continue Learning about Smoking Treatment

How do I rearrange my bedroom to avoid slip-ups when quitting smoking?
If you used to smoke in your bedroom, you can avoid slips ups when quitting smoking by rearranging t...
How soon do cravings start after I stop smoking?
Dr. Robin H. Miller, MDDr. Robin H. Miller, MD
How soon cravings start depends on how much and how frequently you smoke. Chain smokers are going to...
Do I have to throw away all my cigarettes if I'm going to quit smoking?
On the day you are going to quit smoking, you should throw away all your cigarettes.  If you do not ...
Is it possible for people with mental illness to quit smoking?
Like other smokers, smokers with mental illness are interested in quitting, are able to quit, and ha...