Can my diet affect my sleep?

Your diet can indeed affect your sleep; what you eat at night can help you fall asleep by increasing the levels of serotonin in your brain. Watch me explain the foods to embrace and those to avoid for healthy sleep.
You may not think what happens at your dinner table has much to do with your nights of tossing and turning, but there is a connection. Diets high in refined sugar can cause indigestion and trigger insulin surges that interfere with the hormones that affect sleep. The solution: low-fat and high-fiber foods.

Continue Learning about Sleep Basics

Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
Reduce Screen Time for Better Sleep
In Bedtime for Bonzo, when college professor Peter Boyd (Ronald Regan) attempts to demonstrate that he can teach a chimpanzee (Bonzo) right from wrong...
What is the best way to nap?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Researchers have determined that naps give the best health benefits when they are: About 30 minute...
How do sleep patterns change with age?
Dr. Aruna V. Josyula, MDDr. Aruna V. Josyula, MD
Sleep patterns change with normal aging, and insomnia is a common complaint among seniors. As an old...
How Can I Improve My Teen's Sleep Habits?