How can I overcome a small penis during sex?

Friction is an important part of what makes intercourse enjoyable for couples, by simultaneously stimulating the genitals (or anus) of both partners. Sometimes, couples desire more friction during intercourse to increase sensation and improve orgasm ability. Other times, men experience drop-out issues during intercourse because of a change in erectile function or a mismatched fit with a partner. The good news is that it’s easy to improve snugness during intercourse and boost both partners’ sexual satisfaction.

Female partners can use their pelvic floor muscles to squeeze around the penis during intercourse, which will add friction for both partners and is likely to additionally boost her arousal, by increasing blood flow to the area. A woman should make the same movement she does during Kegel exercises, which can be either quick pulses or longer contractions.

Certain intercourse positions encourage a better penile-vaginal fit, too, especially those that encourage grinding over thrusting. Men who think they are lacking in girth also can focus on G-spot stimulation by trying positions that encourage it.

Continue Learning about Sex and Relationships

Sex In Your Seventies
Sex In Your Seventies
People are often surprised when someone in their late 70s becomes a dad or someone with a TV image as sweet as The Partridge Family mom Shirley Jones ...
Where do I go for sex therapy?
Tiffanie Davis Henry, PhDTiffanie Davis Henry, PhD
When looking for a sex therapist, you'll want to make certain that you find someone who has been pro...
4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction
4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction4 Signs You Might Have Sexual Dysfunction
They do a number on your sex life—and can point to even bigger health problems.
What Should I Do After Sex?
What Should I Do After Sex?