Is rosacea inherited?

Rosacea may be an inherited condition, although this has not been scientifically proven. It appears that 40 percent of people with rosacea report a family history of rosacea.
Although there is no clear scientific proof that rosacea is inherited, some evidence suggests genes play a role in who develops the condition. Nearly 40% of people with rosacea surveyed by the National Rosacea Society said they could name a relative who had similar symptoms. Certain ethnic groups also seem to be at increased risk for rosacea, especially those who have fair skin and are of Irish, Scandinavian, Scottish, Welsh, or eastern European descent.

Continue Learning about Rosacea

How can I keep exercise from irritating my skin if I have rosacea?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
Leslie Baumann, MD, dermatologist and author, has a word of advice for women what she describes as “...
Which eyeliner is best for people with rosacea?
As long as the pencil is soft and will not pull on skin, eyeliner should be safe for those with rosa...
What Is Rosacea?
What Is Rosacea?
How Is Rosacea Treated?
How Is Rosacea Treated?