Is a loss of energy a symptom of menopause or depression?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine

Loss of energy is a symptom of depression, but during menopause, your body is going through significant changes, which can lead to lower energy levels. It is important to recognize a slight occasional lack of energy as compared to a total loss of energy that lasts a longer time. Talk to your doctor about any symptoms of menopause, especially if they are significant or severe.

Continue Learning about Menopause Symptoms

One Veggie That May Ease Menopause Symptoms
In Sex and the City 2, Samantha announces she’s “leading the way through the menopause maze with my vitamins, my bioidentical estrogen cream, progeste...
How do I know if I'm experiencing menopause?
Until you have gone an entire 12 months without a period, you are not officially in menopause, but m...
How important is it to keep track of menopausal symptoms?
Only you can monitor your monthly cycle and keep track of changes. By writing down this information,...
What Causes Hot Flashes?
What Causes Hot Flashes?