Is a loss of energy a symptom of menopause or depression?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine

Loss of energy is a symptom of depression, but during menopause, your body is going through significant changes, which can lead to lower energy levels. It is important to recognize a slight occasional lack of energy as compared to a total loss of energy that lasts a longer time. Talk to your doctor about any symptoms of menopause, especially if they are significant or severe.

Continue Learning about Menopause Symptoms

One Veggie That May Ease Menopause Symptoms
In Sex and the City 2, Samantha announces she’s “leading the way through the menopause maze with my vitamins, my bioidentical estrogen cream, progeste...
How long can symptoms of menopause last?
Patricia Geraghty, NPPatricia Geraghty, NP
New data suggest that menopause symptoms last longer than previously believed. The Study of Women's ...
How will my blood pressure change during menopause?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Blood pressure increases with age in both men and women. Menopause is associated with a steeper incr...
Do Women Experience Hair Loss with Menopause?