Is a loss of energy a symptom of menopause or depression?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine

Loss of energy is a symptom of depression, but during menopause, your body is going through significant changes, which can lead to lower energy levels. It is important to recognize a slight occasional lack of energy as compared to a total loss of energy that lasts a longer time. Talk to your doctor about any symptoms of menopause, especially if they are significant or severe.

Continue Learning about Menopause Symptoms

One Veggie That May Ease Menopause Symptoms
In Sex and the City 2, Samantha announces she’s “leading the way through the menopause maze with my vitamins, my bioidentical estrogen cream, progeste...
What should I include in my diet to help treat symptoms of menopause?
Symptoms of menopause may be alleviated with a diet low in fat and high in soy. Soy products contain...
What skin changes are observed during menopause?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
As estrogen levels change, the skin loses its elasticity and moisture and become dryer, thinner, and...
What Are the Signs of Midlife Puberty or Menopause?