What are the risks of inner thigh liposuction?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
The inner thigh (or the medial thigh) is area that responds well to liposuction. But I have to offer a word of caution: this area can be over-suctioned. In this area, the skin can become loose, allowing dents and irregularities to become more exaggerated. A conservative approach is usually best, and I would encourage you to consider liposuction of this area only with a qualified and very experienced board-certified doctor. They must know exactly what they're doing in that particular region, because there is little or no room for error. On the larger parts of the body, such as the hips or lower stomach, some errors may be hardly noticeable, but with the inner thighs, this is not the case.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Lipoplasty

What complications can result from liposuction surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
While liposuction is extremely safe in properly trained hands, you should be aware of what can g...
What are the types of liposuction?
Homayoun Sasson, MDHomayoun Sasson, MD
The types of liposuction include the following proven techniques: Tumescent liposuction, the gol...
How can liposuction help in the treatment of gynecomastia?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Liposuction revolutionized the treatment of gynecomastia (male breast growth). Prior to liposuct...
What Should I Know If I'm Considering Liposuction?