Why does my doctor need to see my blood pressure measurement kit?

Your doctor may want to see your home blood pressure measurement kit to make sure your blood pressure reading at home correlates with your reading in his or her office. In other words, if the reading on your doctor's monitor is higher than your monitor, your doctor will want to calibrate your home measurement with your measurement in the office visit.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Hypertension

Control Your Blood Pressure With Insoluble Fiber
“You are what you eat” is an old saying originally penned in 1826 by the gastronomic food-wizard Anthelme Brillat-Savarin in his essay on the physiolo...
What are the target goals of high blood pressure treatment?
Merle Myerson, MDMerle Myerson, MD
The target goal for high blood pressure treatment is 140/90. In this video, cardiologist Merle Myers...
What numbers are considered high blood pressure?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
A top systolic blood pressure number in the range of 140 to 150 is the first stage of high blood pre...
How Much Do You Blame American Culture for Our Childhood Obesity Epidemic?