Can high blood pressure cause shortness of breath?

When high blood pressure causes the heart muscle to thicken, there is less space for the oxygen-rich blood to flow from the lungs into the chamber or ventricle that pumps it to the rest of the body. This can cause blood to back up into the lungs, causing shortness of breath.

Continue Learning about Hypertension

How long should I exercise daily to lower my blood pressure?
Emilia KlappEmilia Klapp
Research from the University of Connecticut recommends 30 minutes or more of continuous or accumulat...
Can reducing salt intake lower blood pressure?
Many people who have hypertension lower their blood pressure simply by lowering their sodium intake....
Can polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) be linked to my high blood pressure?
Mother Nature NetworkMother Nature Network
Do you have high blood pressure? It may have less to do with the food you eat and more to do with th...
Heart Disease In the United States
Heart Disease In the United States