Why should I check my blood pressure regularly?

Checking your blood pressure regularly is the only way to know if you have high blood pressure (hypertension). Hypertension almost never causes any symptoms, so people will not know that they have it unless they check. It is not necessary to check your blood pressure every day, but checking it a few times a year is easy to do and will identify hypertension. If you get readings that are greater than 140 over 90, you should see your doctor. If you begin to keep a log of your blood pressure readings, this can help you and your doctor decide if you may need treatment for hypertension.

Continue Learning about High Blood Pressure Prevention

how do i make a diet plan to help prevent high blood pressure ?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
Watch your sodium and salt intake. Keep processed fried, salty foods to a minimum. Keep track of you...
can primary high blood pressure be prevented ?
In many cases, living a healthy lifestyle can prevent primary high blood pressure. Exercising regula...
why should i eat less salt if i have normal blood pressure ?
Eating too much salt is bad for the body, in particular the heart, aorta and kidneys, regardless of ...
is spinach really good for me ?
is spinach really good for me ?