How can taking a hot bath help improve sleep quality?

Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
Sleep usually follows the cooling phase of the body's temperature cycle; the practice of taking a hot shower or leisurely warm bath before bedtime is recommended. In addition, keep the temperature in the bedroom no higher than 68 degrees to influence this cooling phase associated with deep sleep. Another way to warm the body in preparation for deep sleep is to soak in a Jacuzzi before bedtime. The combination of heat and buoyancy causes blood vessels to dilate, lowering the blood pressure and speeding the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles. 
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...
Dr. Mark Hyman, MD
Family Medicine
Most people don't make time for a regular bath, but the right kind of soak can leave you deeply relaxed. In this video, I will talk about the ingredients that can turn a bath into a super-effective sleep aid.

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

The Problem with Sleeping Pills for the Elderly
You may remember the comedienne, Irene Ryan as Granny in the Beverly Hillbillies, but does the name Jerry Brutsche ring a bell? He was her stunt doubl...
What are some foods that can help me sleep better?
Trip up your wakefulness and doze off with these handy bedtime snacks (stay within 200 calories and ...
What type of pillows and bedding should I use?
A good night's sleep is critical for your health and happiness. In this video, designer Nate Berkus ...
The Best Ways to Prepare for Bed
The Best Ways to Prepare for Bed