How can taking a hot bath help improve sleep quality?

Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
Sleep usually follows the cooling phase of the body's temperature cycle; the practice of taking a hot shower or leisurely warm bath before bedtime is recommended. In addition, keep the temperature in the bedroom no higher than 68 degrees to influence this cooling phase associated with deep sleep. Another way to warm the body in preparation for deep sleep is to soak in a Jacuzzi before bedtime. The combination of heat and buoyancy causes blood vessels to dilate, lowering the blood pressure and speeding the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles. 
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...
Dr. Mark Hyman, MD
Family Medicine
Most people don't make time for a regular bath, but the right kind of soak can leave you deeply relaxed. In this video, I will talk about the ingredients that can turn a bath into a super-effective sleep aid.

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

Don’t Let Light Pollution Keep You Up at Night
Chances are you’ve spent more than one night tossing and turning—up to 70 million U.S. adults have a sleep disorder. But what can help you sleep bette...
What can I do to my daughter's room or bedtime routine to help?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
A sleep environment should be dark, cool and quiet. It is best to try and remove any distractions fr...
Can Montmorency cherries improve sleep?
Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, NDDr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
The Montmorency cherry is a type of sour cherry. The color is not as dark as the cherries we typ...
Are You Getting Too Much Sleep?
Are You Getting Too Much Sleep?