How can taking a hot bath help improve sleep quality?

Dr. Mark Hyman, MD
Family Medicine
Most people don't make time for a regular bath, but the right kind of soak can leave you deeply relaxed. In this video, I will talk about the ingredients that can turn a bath into a super-effective sleep aid.
Ben Kaminsky
Dermatology
Sleep usually follows the cooling phase of the body's temperature cycle; the practice of taking a hot shower or leisurely warm bath before bedtime is recommended. In addition, keep the temperature in the bedroom no higher than 68 degrees to influence this cooling phase associated with deep sleep. Another way to warm the body in preparation for deep sleep is to soak in a Jacuzzi before bedtime. The combination of heat and buoyancy causes blood vessels to dilate, lowering the blood pressure and speeding the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles. 
Beyond Botox: 7 Strategies for Sexy, Ageless Skin Without Needles or Surgery

Sexy and ageless skin is possible for a woman at any age--and she doesn't have to resort to invasive treatments like Botox to get it-as long as she cares for her skin properly, says Ben Kaminsky,...

Continue Learning about Healthy Sleeping

How to Get Better, Restful Sleep as You Age
In Woody Allen’s 1973 sci-fi comedy Sleeper, Miles Monroe, a jazz musician and owner of the Happy Carrot health-food store, awakens after being cryoge...
Is there such a thing as too much sleep?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
It is possible to sleep too much. A six-year study of one million adults revealed that the highest m...
What should I visualize at night if I want to sleep better?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
When you close your eyes for the night, create a restful rocking scene: imagine yourself swaying...
How Can Light Affect Sleep?
How Can Light Affect Sleep?