Can I eat too much chicken hearts, livers, or gizzards?

Chicken hearts, livers and gizzards (often referred to as giblets) are often added to gravies and stuffing, but not commonly used as a main meal ingredient in the US. Most people recognize them as the “stuff” wrapped in plastic stuffed in the cavity of whole poultry. They are mostly protein and fat from a calorie perspective and are quite rich in nutrients. Like any protein or meat source, they probably should not make up the bulk of your calories. However, if you enjoy eating them feel free to incorporate them into your diet.

Continue Learning about Health Value Of Foods

What is the benefit of eating grapefruit and avocado together?
Grapefruits are great on their own: They’re rich in lycopene, an antioxidant that's been shown to re...
What are the health benefits of a whole-wheat-and-peanut-butter sandwich?
Peanut butter on whole wheat bread has a mix of carbs, healthy fats, protein, and whole-grain fiber....
Are canned kipper snacks or canned sardines better for me?
For those who may not know, Kippers are split, smoked, salted herring. Learn more from our experts a...
Can shellfish lower blood sugar levels?
Can shellfish lower blood sugar levels? While seafood is not known to lower blood glucose (sugar) le...