There is some evidence that shows that coconut oil can actually lower blood pressure but due to the high amounts of saturated fat and the problems that are caused by increasing this type of fat in one's diet, it might be safe to wait until there is more solid research that supports this claim. It is always best to keep coconut oil consumption (as well as other cooking oils) to a minimum. If you are suffering from high blood pressure, it is always best to discuss further with your doctor.
- Q How healthy are fruit-flavored yogurts?
- Q What is the nutritional value of salmon?
- Q What is healthier to eat, white rice or pasta?
- Q What are healthy options for margarine, oil, and salad dressing?
- Q What are the health benefits of lotus root?
- Q What is the nutritional value of grains?