There is some evidence that shows that coconut oil can actually lower blood pressure but due to the high amounts of saturated fat and the problems that are caused by increasing this type of fat in one's diet, it might be safe to wait until there is more solid research that supports this claim. It is always best to keep coconut oil consumption (as well as other cooking oils) to a minimum. If you are suffering from high blood pressure, it is always best to discuss further with your doctor.
- Q What nonperishable foods are healthy?
- Q What is the nutritional value of clams?
- Q What are the nutritional benefits of eating quinoa?
- Q What should I eat to stay healthy?
- Q What foods can I eat in unlimited quantities?
- Q What is the nutritional value of garlic?