There is some evidence that shows that coconut oil can actually lower blood pressure but due to the high amounts of saturated fat and the problems that are caused by increasing this type of fat in one's diet, it might be safe to wait until there is more solid research that supports this claim. It is always best to keep coconut oil consumption (as well as other cooking oils) to a minimum. If you are suffering from high blood pressure, it is always best to discuss further with your doctor.
- Q Why should I eat more of whole grains?
- Q Is wheat bad for me?
- Q What are the health benefits of eggs?
- Q Can fruits and vegetables reduce inflammation caused by alcohol?
- Q Why is regular peanut butter better than low-fat peanut butter?
- Q Why is fish such a healthy food?