How should jicama be stored?

Marisa Moore
Store whole, dry jicama in a plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator for up to two weeks.

To maintain both quality and safety, store peeled and cut jicama in a sealed container in the refrigerator at below 40 °F or freezes it. If the jicama is cooked, also store it in a sealed container in the refrigerator. It should keep for up to 3 days.

Continue Learning about Food Storage & Health

How can I store pistachio nuts?
The nut meats, even those still in the shell should be stored in an airtight container in the refrig...
How can I store almonds?
Store shelled almonds in a tightly-sealed container in a cool, dry place. Learn more from our contri...
How long can food be left at room temperature safely?
Don't leave any food out at room temperature for more than two hours. Less than one hour is best. Le...
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
Check out these tips for where to store and when to toss common food items in your kitchen from culinary nutritionist Stefanie Sacks. Have you ever op...