How can I store almonds?

Judy Caplan
Almonds, like all nuts, contain fats which can go rancid over time. Store almonds in the pantry in containers. If you do not use the almonds within two months put them in the refrigerator to keep fresh. Nuts have a bitter odor when they turn rancid. Always check the expiration date on the bag or can before eating.

Continue Learning about Food Storage & Health

How can I store pistachio nuts?
The nut meats, even those still in the shell should be stored in an airtight container in the refrig...
How long can food be left at room temperature safely?
Don't leave any food out at room temperature for more than two hours. Less than one hour is best. Le...
How long are cooked meat leftovers safe to eat?
How long are cooked meat leftovers safe to eat? Determine how long cooked meat leftovers can be safe...
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
How to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry StaplesHow to Store and When to Toss 5 Pantry Staples
Check out these tips for where to store and when to toss common food items in your kitchen from culinary nutritionist Stefanie Sacks. Have you ever op...