How can I store Brazil nuts?

Judy Caplan
Brazil nuts, and all nuts, have a high fat content which make them more likely to go rancid. Heat, light, and humidity will also speed up spoilage. Brazil nuts that are still in the shell will keep for three to four months at room temperature in a cool dry place. They should be kept in their original package or once the package is opened transfer to a plastic bag or freezer container. For longer storage keep them in the refrigerator or freezer. In the freezer they will keep for up to a year. If they are wrapped properly, the flavor or texture will not be affected.

Continue Learning about Food Storage & Health

How should bell peppers be stored?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Unwashed bell peppers stored in the vegetable compartment of the refrigerator will keep for up to on...
How should shrimp be stored?
As with any seafood, it is best to purchase shrimp from a store that has a good reputation for havin...
How can I store peanuts?
For storage, use an airtight container and keep your peanuts in a dry, cool place, where they can ke...
How should grapes be stored?
Store grapes in a cool zone, unwashed and in a plastic bag or a plastic clamshell container. Pic...