When should I see a doctor for a cold or flu if I'm pregnant?

If you are pregnant, you should call your healthcare provider immediately if you have flu symptoms to determine if you need to be seen. Don't guess about what's causing your symptoms. Ask your healthcare professional for guidance.

Report any of the following symptoms right away: difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, pain or pressure in your chest or abdomen, sudden dizziness, confusion, severe or persistent vomiting, decreased or no movement of your baby or a high fever that doesn't respond to medication recommended by your healthcare professional.

Continue Learning about Cold and Flu

Home Remedy for Colds: Sip Hot Tea
Home Remedy for Colds: Sip Hot Tea
If you managed to walk away from the holidays without your nephew’s, aunt’s, or fellow plane-passenger’s cold, good for you. But if not, here’s a quic...
What You Need to Know About ‘Stomach Flu’
Sometimes it seems like kids and germs go together like peanut butter and jelly. And once summer comes to an end and a new school year begins, many pa...
How soon do flu symptoms develop after being exposed to a virus?
The flu is highly contagious and is spread though airborne droplets of moisture produced when someon...
Why Do Doctor's offices Have Old Magazines in the Waiting Room?