Test Your Cold and Flu SmartsTake the Quiz
Try AskMDGot a cough? Find out what may be causing your symptoms
Number of viruses identified
that can cause colds
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
View all experts in cold and flu
Cold and Flu Q&As
Frank 'Chad' Kurzynske
TriStar Summit Medical Center
What is the difference between a cold and an allergy?
Flu may be a threat to your health during flu season, and it is a particular concern for pregnant women who may be at risk for more . . .
- Q What does the color of my phlegm mean?
- Q How can I fight colds and flu?
- Q How serious are coughs?
- Q What is the difference between the flu vaccine and antivirals?
- Q Why do my sinuses get congested?
- Q How do cold and flu affect the body?
- Q Why are antibiotics not used to treat colds and flu?
- Q Could I end up in the hospital due to flu complications?
- Q How can saline nasal spray help prevent colds and flu?
- Q Why can the flu be more dangerous for the elderly or chronically ill?