Test Your Cold and Flu SmartsTake the Quiz
Try AskMDGot a cough? Find out what may be causing your symptoms
Number of viruses identified
that can cause colds
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
View all experts in cold and flu
Cold and Flu Q&As
How can I prevent the flu if I am pregnant?
Flu may be a threat to your health during flu season, and it is a particular concern for pregnant women who may be at risk for more . . .
- Q What does the color of my phlegm mean?
- Q How serious are coughs?
- Q Why are antibiotics not used to treat colds and flu?
- Q How do cold and flu affect the body?
- Q How soon do flu symptoms develop after being exposed to a virus?
- Q Why are colds and flu more common in winter?
- Q What foods can help me avoid catching a cold or the flu?
- Q What does feed a cold, starve a fever mean?
- Q What is the difference between a cold and an allergy?
- Q How can I tell whether I have a cold or the flu?
Recent Cold and Flu Articles
Nasal Spray Dependency Is Nothing to Sneeze At 4 Reasons People Avoid the Flu Shot – And Why You Shouldn’t A Food That Stops Colds? What You Need to Know About the Flu and Flu Vaccine See All Articles