question

How can I store pistachio nuts?

Vandana  R. Sheth
Vandana R. Sheth on behalf of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
answer
To better maintain the freshness and quality, pistachios should be stored in air-tight containers. Shelled pistachios can be stored in the refrigerator for upto 3 months. Unshelled pistachios can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 months or freezer for upto a year.

Continue Learning about Food Storage & Health

How can I store Brazil nuts?
Brazil nuts will remain fresh for four to six months if they are kept in cool, dry place away from h...
How long are cooked meat leftovers safe to eat?
How long are cooked meat leftovers safe to eat? Determine how long cooked meat leftovers can be safe...
How should jicama be stored?
Whole jicama can be kept in a cool, dark place for up to two weeks. Learn more from our contributors...
How can I store cashew nuts?
They should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, where they will keep for about s...