What does the tightness in my throat have to do with my thyroid?

If thyroid enlargement occurs very slowly, one may not notice the slow increase in size or have any symptoms. However, some patients may complain of a feeling of fullness in the neck, a choking sensation, difficulty swallowing large pills or chunky foods, a sense of pressure on the neck, or worsening snoring, especially when the thyroid grows beneath the breastbone (i.e. substernal goiter). These compressive symptoms can be due to enlargement of the thyroid or due to inflammation in the thyroid and are often an indication to remove the thyroid.

For more information go the endocrinediseases.org:

Benign non-toxic multinodular goiter

Continue Learning about Thyroid Disorders

Beware Before Taking Thyroid Supplements
When Alice, in Alice in Wonderland, downed the “Eat Me” pill, she immediately experienced the negative side effects of taking a med with unidentified ...
What type of doctor should I see for a thyroid problem?
The most common thyroid problems can be managed by your primary care doctor. If additional specializ...
Low Thyroid? Here's How to Overcome Fatigue
Low Thyroid? Here's How to Overcome FatigueLow Thyroid? Here's How to Overcome FatigueLow Thyroid? Here's How to Overcome FatigueLow Thyroid? Here's How to Overcome Fatigue
Plus a common hypothyroidism myth, busted. When it’s working properly, your thyroid—a hormone-producing gland at the base of your throat—is an unsung ...
Why Do Women Get Thyroid Nodules?
Why Do Women Get Thyroid Nodules?