Could It Be Your Thyroid?
If you have a thyroid disorder -- hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism -- your thyroid gland makes too much or too little thyroid hormone. One of your thyroid's main jobs is to regulate your metabolism, so a thyroid problem may cause sudden weight loss or weight gain, fatigue, a fast heart rate or extreme sensitivity to hot or cold. Other thyroid disorders include thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer.
Balancing Your Thyroid Naturally
Lack of iodine can throw your thyroid out of whack and lead to a host of thyroid disorders. A type of seaweed known as bladderwrack, high in natural iodine, is one way to rebalance. Watch the video . . .
Catch Thyroid Cancer EarlyTake This At-Home Test
Metabolism QuizFind out if thyroid problems are sabotaging your metabolism
The ratio of women to men with thyroid disease
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
How can I tell if my thyroid gland is working properly?
Both an underactive and overactive thyroid gland can cause symptoms. If you are experiencing symptoms such as fatigue, depression or anxiety, changes in sleep, changes in weight . . .
- Q Will I have a scar after thyroid surgery?
- Q Can thyroid removal impact weight loss?
- Q Should I have my thyroid checked if I can't lose weight?
- Q How does my thyroid affect my metabolism?
- Q What nutrients are important for a healthy thyroid?
- Q What are effective treatments for an underactive thyroid?
- Q What is Grave's disease?
- Q What foods should I eat if I have an underactive thyroid?
- Q How does a thyroid scan diagnose goiter?
- Q What are the treatments of thyroid storm?
Thyroid Disorders Action Plans
Learn to better manage your thyroid disorder and take control of your health with these action plans.
9 Signs of a Thyroid Problem 5 Key Thyroid Cancer Questions 3 Nutrients for a Healthy Thyroid Check Your Mood
Foods rich in iodine can help your thyroid function properly, says nutritionist Kimberly Snyder . . .
Watch the video
Women and Thyroid Nodules
Women are prone to autoimmune disorders such as thyroid problems but vitamin D may be effective in reducing these problems.
Watch the video