Could It Be Your Thyroid?
If you have a thyroid disorder -- hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism -- your thyroid gland makes too much or too little thyroid hormone. One of your thyroid's main jobs is to regulate your metabolism, so a thyroid problem may cause sudden weight loss or weight gain, fatigue, a fast heart rate or extreme sensitivity to hot or cold. Other thyroid disorders include thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer.
Balancing Your Thyroid Naturally
Lack of iodine can throw your thyroid out of whack and lead to a host of thyroid disorders. A type of seaweed known as bladderwrack, high in natural iodine, is one way to rebalance. Watch the video . . .
Catch Thyroid Cancer EarlyTake This At-Home Test
Try AskMDRecord your symptoms and medical history for your healthcare provider
The ratio of women to men with thyroid disease
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
George Tershakovec, MD, FACS
Baptist Health South Florida
What increases the risk for thyroid problems?
Thyroid problems can occur in people of any age and in males as well as females. The thyroid . . .
- Q What does the tightness in my throat have to do with my thyroid?
- Q How can thyroid problems affect my sleep?
- Q What foods should I avoid if I have an underactive thyroid?
- Q Should I get tested for thyroid dysfunction?
- Q What are the most common types of thyroid problems?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for thyroid disorders?
- Q Can I still have thyroid disease even though my thyroid tests are normal?
- Q Is it common to have thyroid issues and low vitamin D?
- Q Who is at risk for thyroid disease?
- Q What is thyroid disease?
Recent Thyroid Disorders Articles
Learn to better manage your thyroid disorder and take control of your health with these action plans.
Your Thyroid: What You Need to Know What You Need to Know About Thyroid Disorders Know the Signs: Thyroid Disorders Must-Know Facts About Your Thyroid See All Articles