What devices can be used to measure flexibility?

For the trunk and lower extremity the most common ways to measure flexibilty are using a sit and reach box or by direct measurement with a goniometer. For the upper extremity, a goniometer is most common. Don't forget, you can always use bilateral comparison as a simple measure for most joints.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
How do I do the shoulder internal-rotators stretch?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The shoulder internal-rotator stretch exercise helps stretch the teres major, an internal rotator of...
Can static stretching make my muscles long and lean?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
Long, lean muscles are dependent upon your genetics. Long muscles are due to short tendons (the ...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?