Is shoveling snow a good way to get exercise during the winter?

Shoveling snow can be a very intense activity potentially improving your aerobic fitness, muscular endurance, and aid in weight loss. Make sure to wear appropriate clothing, including a hat and gloves. It is equally important to stay dry and wear proper footwear that repels moisture. 

When shoveling snow use your legs to help lift the snow and concentrate on keeping your abdominals tight helping protect your low-back.

Continue Learning about Everyday Activities & Fitness

Feeling Peckish? Try 20-Second Exercise Snacks
According to data from the U.S. Census Bureau and the Simmons National Consumer Survey, almost 35 million Americans consumed 16 or more bags of potato...
Do Morning and Evening Workouts Provide Different Benefits?
When the Pawtucket Red Socks and the Rochester Red Wings took the field at 8:25 p.m. on April 18, 1981, they had no idea that they’d still be trying t...
The Exercise Plan to Extend Your Life
The Exercise Plan to Extend Your Life
Newton’s first law of motion is also sometimes called the law of inertia. Briefly, an object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in mo...
How Can I Keep Myself Physically Active Despite a Busy Schedule?