Yes. Just 45 minutes of shoveling snow burns about 300 calories. (This is based on a 150-pound person). Compare that to walking at a moderate pace of 3 miles per hour for 60 minutes. Same burn, but with greater benefit: now you can get out of your driveway!
- Avoiding Pain & Injury During Exercise
- Evaluating & Measuring Fitness
- Exercise Equipment
- Fitness Apparel
- Fitness For Children
- Fitness for Seniors
- Fitness Psychology
- Fitness Resources
- Mind/Body Exercise
- Sports & Athletic Performance
- Travelling & Exercise
- Types Of Exercise
- Types Of Exercise Programs
- Q How can I keep myself physically active despite a busy schedule?
- Q How do I get a good workout while doing household chores?
- Q What are some easy ways to burn 100 calories?
- Q How can I help my family become more active?
- Q What are easy ways to add exercise to my day?
- Q Any suggestions on ways to get some stretching done at the office?