What should I know if my partner has erectile dysfunction?

Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a couples problem, and your understanding and support will be critical to helping your man get help. It is not easy for a man to bring this problem to his doctor, so the first thing you should do is to encourage him to make the appointment. Then, if it is ok with him, accompany him to the appointment. Many doctors believe that treatment for ED is more effective if both partners are involved from the beginning. If you do go to the appointment, you can write notes while he talks to the doctor. That will help both of you remember everything the doctor said.

If your partner has erectile dysfunction, it's important to maintain open and honest communication and to support one another. Erectile dysfunction shouldn't be interpreted as decreased interest in sex, because that's often not the case. Remember that your partner may feel embarrassed, ashamed, or frustrated about his ED, so continue to support him. It's also important to remember that erectile dysfunction can often be treated, so help your partner through whatever treatment you decide on together.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction

Common ED Drug May Accelerate Skin Cancer
For all you guys out there who are taking Viagra (sildenafil citrate) for erectile dysfunction (ED), we’ve got some good news and some bad news. The g...
What impact does cardiac rehabilitation have on ED?
What's good for the heart is usually good for the penis. Cardiac rehabilitation is a medically s...
How common is erectile dysfunction (ED)?
dLife - It's YOUR Diabetes Life!dLife - It's YOUR Diabetes Life!
Erectile dysfunction (ED) affects an estimated 15 million to 30 million, depending on the definition...
How Can Lack of Sleep Affect My Erections?