How can I talk to my partner about my medication for erectile dysfunction?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

It’s best to be open and honest with your partner about the medication you are taking for erectile dysfunction (ED). You may want to explain how the drug works, when you need to take it, and how often you can take it. Your partner should understand that you will not get an instant erection after taking the drug -- sexual stimulation and arousal is still needed.

Your partner should also be aware of side effects of ED drugs, like sudden decrease in blood pressure that causes fainting; sudden loss of hearing; sudden changes in vision, such as bluish vision, blurred vision, or sensitivity to light; and an erection persists several hours after, or is unrelated to, sexual stimulation. If any of these side effects occur, see your doctor right away and stop taking the drug. 

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction

When Should I Call My Doctor If I Have Erection Problems?
4 Tips to Fight Inflammation and Reduce Your Disease Risk
Does Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction Ever Include Surgery?
How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?
How Can I Prevent Erectile Dysfunction?