How can I get the courage to talk to my doctor about erectile dysfunction?

It’s not easy finding the courage to talk to your doctor about erectile dysfunction (ED). One way to get more courage to have this important conversation is to think ahead of time about how you’ll talk to your doc. Use a phrase like “I’ve been having problems in the bedroom” or “I’ve been having erection problems.” Remember that erectile dysfunction is a medical problem, and your doctor treats medical problems every day. And having a satisfying sex life is part of being healthy.
Many men feel uncomfortable or embarrassed talking about erectile dysfunction (ED). As many as 30 million American men have difficulty getting or maintaining an erection, so you are not alone.

It’s common for men to experience occasional erection problems, but if ED occurs more than 25% of the time you should see your doctor. ED is often a sign that you have a health-related problem, such as heart disease, diabetes, nerve damage, or an endocrine (hormonal) disorder. These health conditions cause or contribute to ED, and if you have been diagnosed with one of them you have a natural opening to discuss erection problems with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Erectile Dysfunction

Stigma, New Treatments and More Facts About Erectile Dysfunction
There’s some good news for the millions of men affected by Erectile Dysfunction (ED): two generic versions of Viagra are now available, and in many ca...
What percentage of men in their 80s have erectile dysfunction?
For many people, each passing decade brings with it a greater risk for a laundry list of medical...
How common is erectile dysfunction (ED)?
dLife - It's YOUR Diabetes Life!dLife - It's YOUR Diabetes Life!
Erectile dysfunction (ED) affects an estimated 15 million to 30 million, depending on the definition...
Is It Important to Look For Psychological Causes of Erectile Dysfunction?